Florida Golden Gloves is a 5013(c) not-for-profit organization that provides excellent opportunities for amateur boxers to gain experience, demonstrate their hard-work and years of training, and allows them to network with peers, coaches, and sponsors.
We hold multiple annual tournaments for amateur boxers across the state of Florida. These tournaments act as stepping stones to bigger endeavors such as the Olympics and a professional boxing career.
Florida Golden Gloves is a franchise of the National Golden Gloves. The National Golden Gloves (“Golden Gloves of America, Inc.”) is the National Organization for Golden Gloves in the United States. The Organization currently consists of 30 Franchises that have designated Franchise territories in which they conduct their competitions. Franchises are awarded to local organizations interested in the promotion and betterment of amateur boxing.
We strive to continue the advancement of young athletes in their pursuit of boxing and have a strong passion for the art of boxing itself.
Upholding a Tradition of Prestige Since 1928.
golden gloves rules, policies, and procedures:
- Florida Golden Gloves is a franchise of the National Golden Gloves. The National Golden Gloves (“Golden Gloves of America, Inc.”) is the National Organization for Golden Gloves in the United States. The Organization currently consists of 30 Franchises that have designated Franchise territories in which they conduct their competitions. Franchises are awarded to local organizations interested in the promotion and betterment of amateur boxing.
- Golden Gloves shall structure the age and weight categories for its competitions for
advancement to regional and national levels. The current age and weight categories are
as follows: Ages-17 through 34 (age determined by the boxers age on December 31st of
the current calendar year). Weights – 108 lbs., 114 lbs., 123 lbs., 132 lbs., 141 lbs., 152
lbs., 165 lbs., 178 lbs., 201 lbs., 201+ lbs.
- Golden Gloves will have no minimum bout requirement for a boxer to participate in
Golden Gloves competition. Safety and coach’s discretion will determine if a boxer
participates and/or what class the boxer participates in.
- Golden Gloves will hold weigh-ins on each day of competition. Weigh-ins will be
conducted by knowledgeable Golden Gloves Staff and/or Officials. Boxers will be
allowed to weigh-in twice during the designated weigh-in period to make weight.
- Golden Gloves boxers are required to have a pre and post bout medical exam for each
bout. The boxer must be considered as fit to compete upon examination by a qualified
doctor prior to each bout. The pre bout medical exam may be conducted before or after
the boxer weighs-in. The post bout exam shall take place immediately following each
- Golden Gloves may set a shorter duration for the length of a round for their events. The
current bout and round length shall be as follows: For National Tournament – (3) three
(2) two minute rounds up to the semi-finals. Semi-finals and Finals (3) three (3) three
minute rounds. (Note: the shorter round duration is due to time restraints). For local,
state/regional competitions Franchises may choose to use (3) three (3) minute rounds.
(Depending on time available).
1 of 2
- Each Golden Gloves Franchise and Golden Gloves of America will designate their own
Chief of Officials for their events. The designated Chief of Officials shall be responsible
for the assignment of all their event officials. All assigned officials must be currently
registered and certified members of USA Boxing. The referee will be in charge of the
- Golden Gloves will require officials working Golden Gloves event to wear the Golden
Gloves of America official’s uniform.
- Golden Gloves will use 3 judges to judge all bouts. All judge’s scores will be used to
determine a winner.
- Golden Gloves will use the 10 point must system for scoring all bouts. Golden Gloves
may use clickers at the local level while making the transition.
- Golden Gloves boxers shall be required to wear competition approved headgear in all
competitions. Boxers will have their own choice of colors.
- Golden Gloves boxers shall use the following competition gloves in all competitions.
10 oz. – 108 lbs. through 141 lbs. and 12 oz. – 152 lbs. through 201+ lbs.
- Golden Gloves boxers will not be required to wear uniforms to match the corner color
(red or blue). They may wear local team colors during Franchise tournaments or shows
and shall be required to wear uniforms of the colors designated for their Franchise
during National competition.
- Golden Gloves shall have exclusive oversight of their competitions and shall conduct
their events utilizing the rules, policies and procedures contained in this document.
Golden Gloves reserves the right to add, delete or modify these rules, policies and
procedures to enable the Organization to conduct its competitions consistent with
Golden Gloves traditional standards, as long as proper notice is provided and approved
by USA Boxing. For rules and/or procedures not written within, USA Boxing Technical
and Competition rules will be followed.
- Coaches must be registered and certified with USA Boxing.
Golden Gloves of America, Inc. Constitution and By-Laws, which are a matter of record, contain additional information on the Golden Gloves Organization and the conduct of the Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions.Any questions or additional information required regarding Golden Gloves activities should be directed to the Golden Gloves Executive Committee c/o Ray Rodgers, President.